Welcome to the Order of Saint Helena
A women’s monastic community in the Episcopal Church
Whether you are looking for an extended time of prayer, reflection and retreat or simply a few moments or hours of peace and quiet, you are welcome at the Convent of Saint Helena. There you may find opportunity for solitude or for companionship in the journey, as you wish. Jesus said to his disciples, “I have called you friends.” We look forward to your friendship as, together, we seek and rejoice in God.
Ways to stay connected with us:
- Visit us for retreat, join us for worship (Schedule)
- Follow us on Facebook,
- Subscribe to our e-newsletter,
- Read and enter the conversation on our blog, On Holy Ground,
- Listen to videos and chant on YouTube,
- Coming Soon! Pray with us: OSH Compline, a mobile app based on the Saint Helena Breviary will soon be available for free from the App Store and for Android devices from Google Play.
Join us for services during Holy Week: SCHEDULE
The mission of the Order of Saint Helena is to show forth Christ through a life of monastic prayer, hospitality and service. We are lay and ordained women living communally under a vow of monastic poverty, celibate chastity and obedience to God. From Benedictine roots, we discern new ways to interpret traditional monasticism, as we strive to grow in diversity and inclusivity.